Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Over and Done

Got the final word today that my portfolio has finally (17 days by registered post?!) arrived in London. After sitting through the exam this was the final nail, despite it having been sent well before the exam. The exam itself was tolerable. Three and a half hours went by in a jiff and I wouldn't have complained too much if there were an extra 15 minutes tacked onto that. Don't ask if I think I passed. I'll leave that mystery until the end of February when results come out.

Spent Sunday afternoon (and Monday afternoon for that matter) at Funan. Over six floors of geeky tech goodness. I walked away with the Lego Batman game which I'd been putting off until post-exam anyhow and a new portable hard-drive. Scary how last time I was seriously looking, when I bought this laptop 18 months ago, the technology was primitive by comparison. I'm someone who keeps very abreast of these things, but storage space is just in all new dizzy (and cheap) realms these days.

Received a blind date email via an acquaintance asking if I wanted to go for a beer. The common ground being that we've both lived in Shanghai. I might just let that one broil until after I'm back from Australia. Blind dates aren't really my thing but the counterbalance being that making new friends doesn't really hurt. All this as long as I can keep it straddled in the friendship zone. In Singapore I find that's often beyond my control, but I have given up on taking responsibility for other people's emotions. As long as I'm honest and say exactly how I feel or what I'm capable of then I'm really unable to do much if others descend into total fantasy land.

Am going to call SIA sometime this week and see if, in these wacky economic bust days, I can extend my stay at home for a few extra days. 10 days just isn't going to be enough. In typical Singaporean fashion I've come to this conclusion by consulting my stomach. There's actually just not enough days to eat all the things I want to eat!

No comments: