Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Exit Strategies

Have to say, Singapore will need to pull some magical, million dollar note dispensing rabbit out of its hat to convince me to stay. You'd be really surprised at how far along my exit strategy is. Yes, I actually have an "exit strategy". I'm officially an adult.

I have a definite contracted job to return to, should have accommodation sorted by the time I leave Melbourne and have started doing the maths on how much money I'll need to buy a car etc. I'm still going to cast a line for positions in Canada and Japan but I think coming back here suits me best. Over the next month I miss concerts by Public Enemy, TZU, Neil Young alone! Very biased as this is hardcore concert season in Australia, but after a year and a half of covers I find I really miss venues like The Forum, The Prince of Wales and St Jeromes.

The only caveat on returning is that I won't be staying at my parents place, not even for one night. That just can't happen. Hence why I need an actual strategy for my return here. I don't need to give work notice until sometime in March so Singapore and the Gods of Romance have rapid work ahead of me in order to convince me to remain there.

No comments: