Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Early Worms

Arrived back from Melbourne yesterday afternoon and have settled back into life at the Bachelor Pad. I managed my way through the first half of The Dark Knight before crawling to bed - yes, even day flights are tiring! Waiting text messages this morning indicated that I'd been asleep since at least 9pm. 9pm!!! I woke at 5.30am this morning and then forced myself to go back to sleep as 5.30am is an entirely inappropriate time to be up when you're still on holidays. As it turned out I was up around 7.30am. Seeing what goes on in the Heartlands at 7.30 is quite amazing. Usually if I'm up at this time I'm in a vague, cloudy state as I make my way to the MRT for work. People doing their shopping, buying their morning iced coffee in a plastic bag with a straw... it's like a whole new world!

Some people say that going to bed early is the key to a healthy day ahead. I'm not too sure exactly who these people are but I have to say that they may be onto something. Having had such a massive sleep the usual cloudiness of morning was shattered. I was... a-w-a-k-e! I actually rate this concept highly. My mind seems to be working slightly faster than usual. I'm not as grumpy (hehe). The problem becomes that it's just impossible for me to go to bed at this time. I'm a nightowl and if I went to bed at 9 then I'd just be lying there frustrated until at least 11.30. Sigh... might have to utterly exaust myself more often then.

No comments: